Rallytastic!!

Monday, July 03, 2006

Autocross @ Latton Quarry - 4th June 2006



Well there are positive and negative aspects to Latton. One is it has a great track - surface is really good and the organising club where very helpful and very nice to all competitors.

The negative aspect is i tried to hard to better my time. (yes i know this was all my fault) Dad had set a time of 2:16 on his first timed run and i had set a 2:09 on mine.

The brakes where ok as it turned out we didnt need them much. Dads second run was much better than his first with him setting a time of 2:11 - still 2 seconds off the boy wonder!

I went out on my second run. I was absolutely flying - i was wide in a few places but generally i was running really well - the first lap was great. Near the start there are two jumps. I took the first one well and then heading for the second i made a huge jump. I landed too far left and had to correct it. Then slow-mo started - the car went sideways and i shud have accelerated to bring it out of the slide but i braked and slid up onto the bank and over the car went onto its roof!!!! I was so mad with myself as i know i was driving pretty well.

I had to go over to the Ambulance and get checked out and i was fine. I have to thank Mervyn Wedlock for taking care of me and the ambulance crew also for checking me over.

We didnt damage the car too much but i shudnt have damaged it at all - but thats motorsport

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home