Rallytastic!!

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Autocross @ Latton Quarry - 1st October 2006



Before we get to Latton we had the small problem of getting the car ready for it. When i rolled the car not only did i bend panels and smash windscreens i managed to break a engine mounting which was a standard part. I bought a GrpA mounting from England. We had huge problems fitting it to the car. Only for Tommy McDaid coming up especially from Castlederg to help us out it wud never have got on the trailer. I had tommy under the car late on Friday night and he fixed the problem. Huge thanks to Tommy for that one. Not the last time he will be thanked on this page!

This was the first time out since i crashed and put the car on "its lid". Some alterations had been made to the track and my jumps arent as severe and they are now tarmac.

The car looks different also - it has the standard front on it which i hate!! Most dont notice it but i do!!

I was very cautious on the first run, not helped by a car that wudnt stay in gear. My first two runs where in the 2:17's - not good! I pushed to hard on my second run and ended up with the same time. Dad was having similar problems 2 seconds further back.



On my last run i really settled down and i took 5 seconds off my time but a 2:12 isnt good enough(class winner Stephen Lipsett was on a 2:03). We seem to have a car that is geared wrongly. Too much power in 1st and not enough in 2nd. We are thinking of going to 13" wheels to see if they might be better. We need to invest in better tyres also - we have little grip.

Please enjoy the photographs snapped by Noel Graham - further examples which can be viewed @ http://www.ngmotorsportimages.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home